We have recently moved our worship service into our Activity Building. Service will begin at 10:00 AM. Below are the guidelines we will follow in order to make this as safe as possible for everyone attending.
We realize each person/family has their own comfort zone when it comes to this virus. We realize some may be at higher risk than others. We also realize that not everyone is ready to enter a building to hold worship service. So, there will be several options available for our members, guests, and community.
1. We have been offering a recorded sermon on our Facebook page. It will post each Sunday morning and gives you the option of having worship in your own home.
2. We will also continue Drive In service each Sunday morning starting at 10:00 AM. You simply pull into the parking lot and tune your radio in to the designated station and have a time of worship in your car. You can even bring your own communion supplies and partake of communion with us! If you are here to enjoy the sermon from your car, please park closest to the metal activity building to ensure better reception.
3. Then, if you and your family are comfortable, we will offer in house worship service in our activity building. The larger building allows for ease of social distancing, hand sanitizing, face masks and more. Below are the guidelines we will adhere to for our service that is held inside the building. PLEASE read before entering the building. Please know there are precautions taken all through out the building to keep our building and service safe for everyone.Worship Service at First Christian Church Benton, Kentucky. If you are choosing to have worship service inside the building, please park on the church side of the parking lot. This allows more parking spots for those staying in their cars. Their cars need to be closer to the activity building to receive the best reception to hear the sermon on their radios. Service starts at 10:00 AM.
- Church Services will be held in the CAB (Christian Activity Building).
- There will be no Sunday School, nursery, or choir.
- We will not have meet and greet (handshaking, etc.) during the service.
- We recommend that members wear masks if at all possible. This will help contain spreading germs during congregational singing. (We will have disposable masks available if a member needs one.)
- Church members will enter by the doors near the office. A deacon or elder will be stationed there to help members enter and still be social distanced.
- Upon entering the main part of the CAB, members will do the following things:
- The family will tell the deacons how many chairs your family will need. The deacons will then set those chairs up for the family.
- Nannette and Patricia will spray each member’s hands with sanitizer and take temperatures (using a thermometer that does not touch the body.)
- A gloved deacon will give each member a communion pack (the kind that we have already been using.)
- Members may drop their offering in a basket located at the entrance.
- Small bulletins may be available, but all of the information will also be on the slide show that will be used throughout the service.
- Members may pick up masks if needed.
- There will be no tables set up in the CAB and there will be no hymnals. All words for music will be on the screen.
- Kristi will give a children’s sermon, but the children will be social distanced at the front of the church. (We will mark places on the floor)
- The bathrooms will be open, but we suggest trying to use them only in emergency situations.
- We request that water fountains not be used.
- When the church service is over, elders/deacons will dismiss rows/families one at a time to exit by the main double doors in the CAB.
- We will continue to have a sermon sent out online. We will discuss whether this be the entire Sunday morning service, just the sermon, etc.
- We have bought a transmitter to use so that people could sit outside and hear the service.
We will host another Blood Drive on Monday, October 12th from 2:00-6:00. Safety measures are taken so please feel comfortable in your decision to come to our church and donate. Blood Drive is held in the large metal activity building. Please use double side doors adjacent to parking lot to enter/exit.
CHURCH WIDE YARD SALE
We will be having our annual church wide yard sale on Thursday, October 15th (time TBA). With Covid restrictions there are a few guidelines we MUST and WILL enforce.
1. All guests & workers must wear masks upon entering the building.
2. Hand sanitizer will be available and encouraged upon entering and at check out.
3. No clothes/shoes will be sold to eliminate trying on of clothes.
4. Only 25 people will be allowed in the gym at a time.
Check us out on Facebook for all of our upcoming activities, outreach projects, youth events, church activities, and so much more!