Check us out on Facebook for all of our upcoming activities, outreach projects, youth events, church activities, and so much more!
~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~
Did You Hear? We Are Looking To Hire A Youth Leader!!!!
First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
2515 Main Street
Benton, KY 42025
First Christian Church Youth Leader Position- Part-time Position
FCC Benton is looking for a Christian Youth Leader who has a personal commitment to Christ and Christian Education. This person must have a passion and ability to work with children Preschool through grade 12.
- Plan and coordinate Wednesday night youth program for ages Preschool-12th grade. Group size approximately 15-20.
- Attend Sunday morning services and develop opportunities to include youth in worship services.
- Attend and enhance the current Sunday school program.
- Plan and coordinate summer Vacation Bible School, outreach programs, and social opportunities with other Disciples and/or other denominations in the area.
- Possess basic knowledge of the Bible stories and ability to effectively communicate to the youth.
- Possess effective organizational and communication skills.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Be proficient in use of technology, social media and web-based programs.
- High School Diploma
- Background check required
Easter Egg Brunch & Egg Hunt
Thank you to everyone who helped pull together our egg hunt. The kids were sure to have a great time!!! It is so nice to start to see the kids back for activities!! Also, to those folks who helped prepare our yummy brunch...thanks!
Out Of Office
Rev. Kristi will be out of office April 5-7.
Rachel will be out of office April 5-9
If a need should arise, please contact the Elders for April
(Debbie Bushart & Nannette Durham)
Mark your calendar for April 11th at 2:00 for a baby shower for Jordan & Alex Richendollar. They are having a boy and his name will be Oli. Jordan & Alex are registered at Amazon, Target & Puckett’s gift shop.
The next Board meeting will be on Sunday, April 11th at 5:00. They will meet in the CAB gym.
The next Blood Drive will be on Monday, April 12th from 2:00-6:00 in the CAB gym. Speak with Kerry Frazier if you would like to schedule a slot to donate. In case you can’t make the one in April, there will be another one on May 17th.
We are still collecting for Merryman House which is a safe haven for women and their children as they leave a negative home environment. Basic hygiene items, undergarments for women & children, white towels/wash cloths, and white twin sheet sets. You can also make a monetary donation and Rachel will be sure it gets mailed.
Thanks to those who have already made donations. The first load has been taken for delivery!
There is a collection tub at the entrance of the CAB by Rachel’s office.
Camp Work Day
Well, with the warmer days and sunshine, it is time to start thinking about summer camps and all that is required to make them successful for the kids.
There will be a work day on Saturday, April 24th. Gates open at 7:30 and work will begin at 8:00. Please bring any tools or equipment you feel would be helpful such as ladder, tools, gloves, weed eater, leaf blower, power washer, truck, etc. Please bring your snack/meal and beverage for the day.
Everyone’s help is GREATLY appreciated. If the camp is not maintained then our kids can not attend. There is so much that goes into getting these events ready and the kids LOVE going each summer. Please consider going out even if you can only give a few hours of your time!!
Members of the church have made donations in January & February that were used to purchase food for The Marshall County Needline food pantry. They have been struggling lately with not enough food to hand out to their clients.
Rachel took the money and headed to Wal-mart. She rolled out 2 shopping carts FULL of groceries that were so gratefully accepted by the folks at Needline. Please continue to remember this organization. You can purchase the items your self or make a donation marked “Needline”. They were very thankful for the donation!
Thank you Paul North for working so hard on the landscaping around the CAB. It looks very nice!!!
In Case You Didn’t Know
In case you didn’t know, we are still stocking the Blessing Box daily and IT IS USED multiple times each day. People pull up usually hourly looking for groceries from our box. Know that your monetary or food item donations are being put to good use.
You can purchase the items yourself and put them in the box or you can put them in the 3rd office in the CAB. You can also make a monetary donation with your offering envelopes and mark it “Blessing Box”. Rachel pays it out monthly and purchases food items to keep the pantry stocked.
Please do NOT purchase anything that is perishable. We can’t offer items such as raw meat, fruits, dairy or vegetables.
Thank you for all you do for this church and your community!!!!!!!!
It is time to start thinking about camp dates for this summer. It is such an exciting time for the kids. They really do have a blast at camp and they create fantastic memories each year they attend. The dates are on the next page but here is some information you may find helpful.
· Camps begin June 7
· Camp registration forms can be found at www.campkumbaya.org
· Deadline to turn in forms and pay for camp is May 1st.
· There are scholarships that pay 1/2 of your child’s camp fee. In some cases of financial hardship, the church may cover 100%.
· Forms and payment are to be turned into Rachel in the church office
· What do I take to camp? What do I leave at home? A list of necessary items can be found at www.campkumbaya.org
· Camp has covid risk strategies in place for summer camp. These precautions can be found on the above camp website
· There is a health form that is REQUIRED for your camper to be able to attend. Please fill it out COMPLETELY. Any information not provided can be a risk to your child! We want all kids SAFE! Please take the time to fill in all questions. It really is necessary.
· YES...you can invite friends to go with you.
Dates For Camp
The grades listed are “grade completed”...not getting ready to enter.
Junior Camp: Grades 4-5
CYF Camp: Grades 9-12
Sailing Camp: Grades 6-12
CHI RHO Camp: Grades 6-8
Young Disciples Camp: Grade 3
Discovery Camp: Grades 1-2
Camp Wish List
If you go to www.campkumbaya.org and look to the right side there is a link where you can shop for camp. They have set up an Amazon smile account where they list items they really need at camp and you can purchase those items. Amazon will then ship those items to camp for you...HOW CONVENIENT!!!
April 5: Jennifer LaChance
April 6: Ryan Morgan
April 7: Larry Hyde
April 9: Kerry Frazier
April 9: Carol Rhodes
April 10: Harper Brockman, Sophie Brockman
April 12: Jeff & Maegan Moryl
April 13: Carol Goodin, Becky Phelps, Chris Wallace
Tammy (Carol Rob’s niece)
Lou Sweet (Valari Anderson’s aunt)
Pat Waggoner (Rachel Lovett’s mom)
April Elders & Deacons
Elders: Debbie Bushart & Nannette Durham
Deacons: Daniel & Kasey Murphy, Joe & Cynthia Hamlin, Rhonda Henson